Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chassis storage rack

Space in a container yard fills quickly, so racks are used to store chassis vertically. I found HO scale models for this type of rack, but nothing in O scale. The rack designs looked simple, so I decided to make my own. I used Evergreen and Plastruct styrene parts no. 196 .188" square, no. 256 3/8" square, no. 267 1/4" channel, no. 278 5/16" I-beam, and no. 90520 1/2" I-beam. The 40- and 48-ft chassis are K-Line items with alterations to length, paint, and add-on Microscale vehicle decals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kent, Need to know where I can get the KALMAR DCE for my layout? Thanks Ed Powers ecp2425@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Kent-

I am actually trying to duplicate your chassis storage rack. Can you post any photos from different angles?

Thanks!

John

Kent J. said...

Such flattery will get you everything, John! The July 2010 issue of Classic Toy Trains magazine (pg 68-69) illustrate where/how I used the styrene pieces. If that doesn't do the trick, send your e-mail address to kjohnson@kalmbach.com and I'll send a couple more shots of the completed structure. -- Kent