Tuesday, August 20, 2013

MRVP tours Kent's CPR layout
Sorry I’ve been absent since May, but I’ve been a bit busy. After hosting NMRA regional visitors this spring, I’ve been eager to make some more progress. Not long after I completed the narrow canyon scene, I started the construction of a highway bridge modeled after the Park Bridge spanning the Kicking Horse River near Golden, B.C. I also started to build out a grain export terminal in the turnback curves near downtown Vancouver, B.C. I even built a car float and float bridge structure to install along the Vancouver waterfront. But rather than tell you about these additions let me direct you to a video overview capturing some of my various “homework” projects. The guys at MR VideoPlus were kind enough to capture (in HD!) my current layout construction efforts forboth MRVP and CTT readers to see. Thanks, David and Ben!

While great summer weather has brought construction to an absolute standstill, that doesn’t mean I’m not thinking about my next big effort this fall – Stay tuned! 

No comments: