Saturday, September 14, 2013

My View of Vancouver


Here's a quick (and perhaps final) look at the city scene I built to resemble downtown Vancouver, B.C. The details of this completed scene are revealed in the September 2013 issue of Classic Toy Trains magazine.
While I have enjoyed modeling a contemporary urban scene, it's hard work to keep up with an ever-changing city skyline! New skyscrapers abound since I last photographed (inset) the CPR Waterfront Yard in 2004, so I have to decide if I'm up to the task of revamping this scene again.
Perhaps the best solution is to abandon my quest to keep all things contemporary? Or maybe I'll need to rethink how much of my pike is dedicated to big-city scenery?
Fall is here, so my plans will have to solidify quickly if I want to take full advantage of the prime modeling months this winter. Stay tuned!

No comments: